PKG Equipment Inc. has a full time position available for a plastic fabricator/trainee. This position involves welding, drilling, cutting, forming, and shaping plastic to fabricate and assemble plastic process equipment. In addition to custom fabricating new equipment, power tools, hand tools and precision equipment are used to rework and repair plastic process equipment. Reading work orders and interpreting blueprints are required to plan and carry out the design specifications.
Plastic Fabricator/Trainee Requirements:
- Piping experience and carpentry skills required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and fabricate from designs provided is a plus
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Familiar with basic hand and power tools
- Ability to work with little supervision in a job shop environment and follow directions
- Must be flexible to work overtime and travel
- Heavy lifting required – must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Aerial work involving ladders and manlifts required
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces
- Maintain a clean workplace and observe safety rules and practices
- Able to use protective equipment, including safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, full body harness, face mask/covering where required, and other protective equipment and clothing based on job assignments/duties
- Effective communicator; good listener
- Multitasking whenever applicable required
- Enthusiastic, ability to get along with others, adaptable, and flexible
- Pay attention to details and documentation
- Reliable and punctual
- DOT physical may be required.
- High school education required
- Must pass basic shop math test at time of application
- Valid NYS driver’s license required